4/13/13

Wrestling

   Being self-employed brings with it benefits and difficulties. On top of this, we deal with the public, its sin soaked masses. Then of course, there is me. Being saved can sometimes lead one to think self-righteously of your actions only to be slapped in the face with your sins.

   I've wrestled this week, not with boxes 'disappearing' from FedEx drivers hands, not with customers who rant at me "I've had a really rough weekend, and if you don't get this meat to me I'm going to just go home and cry", not with a dwindling bank account and many, many bills looming. Not with decisions that need to be made sooner, rather than later, not with sick planners who still haven't finished the building plans.

   For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12 

  I do wrestle too. My sin nature springs alive in vindictiveness, bitterness and all that is so ugly. Everything in me festers. Yet, we have hope.

                                               

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in evil days, and having done all, to stand.   Ephesians 6:13

   It reveals my sin soaked self. So despicable, even to myself. It reveals, again, my immense need of a Savior.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 
                                                                                                                              Ephesians 6:17

   Today was rough, wrestling can be tiresome, dealing with personal sin even more so. However, I feel clean, refreshed from repentance ready to what is right and that all of this will be through Jesus Christ, my Savior who strengthens me.



  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment